Our Registration/Admissions Process is easy and allows your dog to participate in our daycare and boarding programs quickly. Just follow the steps listed below and your dog will be making new friends and enjoying the fun and freedom of our spacious cage-free daycare and boarding facility in no time.
Step 1. Registration Form:
Please use the link below to submit your registration form online. Use this form to enter required information about you and your dog, as well as to upload your vaccination records. Required vaccines are Rabies, Distemper Combo, Bordetella aka Kennel Cough, Canine Flu, and Leptospirosis. Please note that Canine Flu and Leptospirosis require two shots to be fully vaccinated. Please also note that Canine Flu is NOT the same as parainfluenza. We will not be able to schedule your admission evaluation until we have received your registration as well as proof of up to date vaccinations, so be sure to upload your files.
This registration will also create a user portal for you to use in the future to make any changes to your profile, as well as to request boarding and to monitor any packages purchased. You may access the portal by going to petexec.net/login and entering your username and password that you created.
Step 2. Admissions Evaluation:
Once we receive your registration and records, we will reach out to you to schedule an evaluation, during which we will get to know your dog and introduce some other club members. The initial evaluation will only take about 15 minutes, but if you plan to use our boarding services, your dog will need to join us for a complimentary day of daycare, on a separate day, so we can more fully assess whether he or she will be a good fit for off-leash play and cage free sleep at the Hounds Club. More importantly, this will let them acclimate, meet new favorite playmates, and fall in love with the Club. Please call for details and availability well in advance of your needed stay as appointments book quickly. The first day is free, so schedule your appointment and come in to see us!
The Hounds Club provides a healthy, fun, and stimulating cage-free environment for dogs of all sizes and breeds. In order to help us keep the experience safe and exciting for all our guests, we ask that you please observe the following policies both before you come to visit us and when you are here at the Club.
- Evaluation: All dogs must be evaluated by our staff before their first stay at the Club. Dogs seeking to board at the Hounds Club will also need to spend one complimentary day of daycare with us so that we can assess their fit and readiness for an overnight stay.
- Behavior: While we can make a reasonable initial assessment of your dog during the evaluation and daycare, we will not be able to discover all aspects of their personality, nor can we replicate every scenario that could theoretically lead to unexpected or unacceptable behavior from your dog. Even after the evaluation, all dogs must remain good citizens and exhibit good behavior during their stays at the Hounds Club. If at any time a dog bites another dog or staff member, or in any way shows aggression in the opinion of staff, that dog will no longer be able to attend the Club. Additional unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to, repeated mounting of other dogs, excessive or aggressive barking, fence jumping, excessive herding, overly rough play, eating or intentionally rolling in poop, and pestering or antagonizing resting dogs.
- Re-Evaluation: Dogs that have been away from the club for more than 6 months will need to be reevaluated to be sure the Club is still a good fit. Dogs’ temperaments and enjoyment of cage-free play environments can change greatly over time, as can the energy level and personality of the environment itself. While inconvenient, this policy is entirely for the safety and comfort of your dog.
- Health: All dogs must be in good health and free from any condition that could potentially jeopardize the health of other dogs. If your dog shows any signs of illness, please keep them home. Dogs that have been ill with a communicable ailment in the last 30 days will require veterinarian certification of health prior to being re-admitted to the Club.
- Vaccinations and Parasite Prevention: All dogs must remain up to date on all major vaccinations (Rabies, Distemper Combo, Bordetella aka Kennel Cough, Canine Flu, and Leptospirosis) and provide updated documentation in a timely manner. Additionally, all dogs must be on a year-round heartworm and flea prevention medication.
- Ages and Sizes of Note: We have no strict age minimum, but all dogs must have received all inoculations, including Rabies. All dogs over 6 months old must be spayed or neutered. Owners of dogs over 10 years old will be asked to sign a senior dog waiver. We love dogs of all sizes, but can not accept dogs larger than 120 lbs.
- Dress Code: For the safety of all guests and staff, dogs must arrive on a leash wearing a flat snap-on collar. We cannot accept dogs with collars featuring prongs, spikes, jewels, activity trackers, or anything that might be damaged or cause harm to other dogs. Additionally, we cannot accept collars that are closed using a buckle or anything that cannot be quickly removed in the case of an entanglement. If you do not have an appropriate collar, we carry a selection of collars in our retail section. Dogs will not be allowed in the play yard wearing a harness unless medically necessary.
520 West Windsor Road, Glendale, CA 91204
Ph: 323-954-7272 Fax: 323-300-5488